.

.

Friday 18 April 2014

The Lentern Sacrifice by yours truely

Every year systematically millions of people give up something for LENT. To begin, for those who have been living under a rock or if your name is Lauren Dwyer-Smith, LENT is a period of time in the Christian church year. 
The dictionary´s definition:


noun
(in the Christian religion) an annual season of fasting and penitence in preparation for Easter, beginning on Ash Wednesday and lasting 40 weekdays to Easter, observed by Roman Catholic, Anglican, and certain other churches.


SOOO..Basically, the main man JC went out in the desert for 40 days and nights, on just bread and water. He was tested multiple times by the devil and so on and so on. As a result, it´s ment to teach you humility, service and putting others before yourself. Hence back to 2014; the millions decide to give up sweets and junk food primarily, not for the man JC but for the waistline or ´lack of it´. It is almost certain that over 75% give up just after a few ´straining´ days.
  They are tempted by the Lindt chocolates on offer during this Eater period, those EXTRA chewing gums and Creme Eggs. Yet now onto my point.  Why do people commit? Why does everyone follow this ´tradition´ I might even allow myself to call it. I have for once decided to ´COMMIT´?  and give up one thing this lent and have vowed to keep it this time. So when deciding on what to give up, what to LET GO *play frozen song* I had remembered all the uprising alligations.*you can stop the frozen song now* Of course. EVERYONE (and this certainly no exaggeration) believes I´m ADDICTED to Starbucks. NONSENSE!! Now hey I think "addicted" is a strong term. Sure I love a good Starbucks but this is no addiction. I swear I can stop at any time. WAIT!WAIT!WAIT! I know that that is something an ´addict´would say but really..I´m here to prove you wrong. Therefore I´ve given it up for lent.
It´s currently been 40 or so days.
What you sayin´??? I´m still going though...bare in mind I haven´t even entered a starbucks.. i have sat outside one though whilst my BLISSFULLY AWARE mates drank in front of me...Gotta love ´em though

SO...you think you can challenge me??

Get yourself a cuppa... yours Nicky :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment